During your child’s time away from school, please take the opportunity to continue to help develop their learning.
As well as their home learning packs, the children will also be set tasks through Purple Mash and Mathletics. These tasks are linked to the national curriculum/chosen topics for Year 5. It is important for children to complete the tasks assigned to them. When children hand their work in through Purple Mash, they can send me a message to let me know how they are finding the tasks/ask me questions about the task. It would be lovely for the children to keep in touch with me and let me know how they are getting on with their learning and tasks at home. I will mark the Purple Mash activities and reply to the children’s comments. This will be a great way to keep in touch.
Here are some other ideas that could be used to support learning at home:
- Share and discuss a book together
- Baking and cooking
- Drawing and painting
- Junk modelling out of old cartons, boxes etc.
- Understanding the importance of regular exercise
- Writing a diary/journal about the current events - it will be a part of world history one day!
- Visiting the Spelling Shed website to practise the year 5/6 word list
- Understanding the importance of regular exercise - Joe Wicks' live PE stream daily
I have also provided a number of websites the children could visit to help them with their home learning below:
Thank you for your on-going support
Some of the Year 5 children use ReadingWise on the iPad with Miss Morgan's support to help improve their decoding and/or comprehension. Children can now access ReadingWise at home. If you are unsure if your child is part of the ReadWise programme, or your child does not know their username and password, then please contact email@example.com