Dear Parents and Carers,
During your child’s time away from school, please take the opportunity to continue to help develop their learning.
The children will be set tasks through Purple Mash and Mathletics by me. These tasks are linked to what the children would currently be learning in Year 3. It is important for children to complete these activities. When children hand their work in through Purple Mash, they can send me a message to let me know how they are finding the tasks. It would be lovely for the children to keep in touch with me and let me know how they are getting on with their learning and tasks at home! Children can also use this if they have any questions they would like to ask about their work or anything else that they might want to ask. I will mark the Purple Mash activities handed in and reply to children's comments. This will be a great way to keep in touch.
Below are some ideas for activities that you might be able to do at home, links to useful websites and also some additional documents and work that you can complete with your children at home.
Please message if you need anything, keep safe and I look forward to seeing you all soon, Miss Hodges.
Here are a variety of supplementary activities that could be done to support learning your child's learning at home:
- Read a book together, discuss characters and events, make predictions.
- Drawing/painting and then write a story to go with the picture.
- Junk modelling out of old cartons, boxes etc.
- Baking and cooking, using measuring skills.
- Writing a diary/journal about the current events. In Year 3, the children have written quite a few diary accounts from different characters' points of view. This is a great opportunity for them to create a journal of their own.
- Teach your child to tell the time. In Year 3, children should be able to tell and write the time from an analogue clock and 12-hour and 24-hour clocks to the nearest minute.
- Learning about money! Lots of application of Maths skills can be taught through money. Set up a miniature tuck shop at home! The children could practise paying for snacks.
- Understanding the importance of regular exercise - Try Joe Wicks' live PE stream daily, Go Noodle and Cosmic Kids-Fun for all the family! (See links below)
Children’s logins can be used to access work using the following links-
Times Table Rockstars