We had an Easter Bonnet Parade. All of the children created some wonderful, creative and imaginative bonnets and they had the opportunity to parade them in our assembly. A huge congratulations to all of the children and the parents for their continued support.
To celebrate Easter we had an Easter breakfast in the EYFS. We had chocolate eggs, pancakes, ice cream and chocolate sauce. It was Yummy!
We then had an Easter disco playing party games and dancing. We had a lot of fun!
The children enjoyed the Easter breakfast and meeting the Easter Bunny. They mostly enjoyed having the opportunity to celebrate and have fun together.
Leading up to the celebration of Easter the children had been learning about their own experience of ‘growing’ and how they feel about ‘growing’. They were able to discuss and be able to say what they wonder about growing, in themselves and in nature. They learnt about the stories of Good Friday and Easter Sunday, the Cross, the words of the sign of the cross, the Easter garden and that Christians try to
‘grow more like Jesus’.
They were taught that :
• Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent.
• lent: a time to grow in love to be more like Jesus and to look forward to Easter.
• Jesus who is the example we follow in goodness, love, care and helpfulness.
• lent is a time for prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
• Jesus died on Good Friday.
• Jesus rose from the dead at Easter.